How to Plan a Dog Birthday Party
Our pets are more than just animals, they are like our children. So, planning a dog birthday party is a great way to celebrate our furbabies. Even if they don’t really understand exactly what a “birthday” is, they do appreciate the love and attention. I mean, who doesn’t love being showered with presents and affection on a special day? Why not throw your special little pooch a dog birthday party this year and let him know how much he means to you?
- Decide where you are going to have it – If the weather is nice the best place to hold a party is in the yard or at a park. The party-going pups will need ample room to run around and play in a safe environment. A fenced in yard makes a perfect setting for a dog party. If it’s going to be a park or somewhere that leashes will be needed, include that on the invite so people know to bring their dog’s leash with them.
- Invite friends with dogs and neighbors – You can’t have a party without guests, so get to thinking about good friends and neighbors with dogs who would like to join the festivities. Think about your dog’s temperament when choosing guests. You don’t anyone that may make your dog uncomfortable or someone who has an aggressive dog. Try to pick out the same amount of male and female dogs with generally happy temperaments. Once you have your list, it’s time to send out invites! Check out these Free Printable Invitations you can send to the guests.
- Make sure you have plenty of toys – Break out the balls, frisbees, squeaky toys and chews. It’s a dog party! Get the two-legged party goers involved with games of toss or tug-o-war. You can even put BYOB on the invite, you know…Bring Your Own BALL!
- Decide on a theme and events – It could be sometime as simple as a luau theme or you could do something more involved like throwing a “pageant” where they can dress up in costumes or perform their favorite tricks. Hold a race or throwing competition to see you can catch the most balls then give the winner a special treat.
- Don’t forget the cake – No birthday party is complete without the cake! Visit your local bakery or make your own, check out these 7 Delicious Dog Cake Recipes and these cute little bone shaped cookie cutters.
- Send home the guests with a “doggy treat bag” – Include treats and a new small toy so they can take some of the party back home with them.
No matter how you do it, your dog birthday party is going to be a hit! Have you thrown a party for your pup? Let us know some of the favorite things you did to make your dog’s party extra special in the comment sections below.