Looking to bake-up some LOVE for your feline over the Thanksgiving holiday? Here are some tried-and-true recipes to give you some inspurration!
HOMEMADE SALMON AND OAT TREATS
My cats (and dog!) LOVE anything with seafood. If your felines are the same, then try baking these crunchy treats for them. And, they have the added, hidden appeal of catnip! Check out the recipe, here!
CAT CRACKERS (Only 4 Ingredients!)
Recipe courtesy of BillyBear4Kids
6 ounces of undrained tuna
1 cup cornmeal
1 cup flour
1/3 cup water
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Measure all of the ingredients into a bowl and mix thoroughly with your hands. Roll out to 1/4 inch thickness and cut into treat sized pieces. Place on a greased cookie sheet. Bake for about 20 minutes or until golden. Let cool. Give to your cat and watch them gobble it up.
KITTY CATNIP COOKIES
Recipe from EntirelyPets.com
Lots of nutritious ingredients to boost your kitty’s health…with delicious flavor to entice her!
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons wheat germ
- 1/4 cup soy flour
- 1/3 cup confectioners’ milk (powdered milk)
- 1 tablespoon kelp
- 1/2 teaspoon bonemeal
- 1 teaspoon crushed dried catnip leaves
- 1 tablespoon unsulfured molasses
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons oil, butter or fat
- 1/3 cup CATMILK or water
- Mix the dry ingredients together. Add the molasses, egg, oil, butter or fat and milk or water. Roll out flat on an oiled cookie sheet and cut into narrow strips or ribbons. Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Break into pea-size pieces, suitable for cats. Good for treats, exercising gums and cleaning teeth, but too low in protein to use for regular fare.
CRUNCHY TUNA CAT TREATS
Another 4 ingredient recipe to keep the time in the kitchen short and sweet! Click here for this easy recipe!
CHEWY CAT TREATS
To add a little variety to the menu, mix-it-up by incorporating some chewy treats. Check out this yummy recipe!
What are some of your favorite cat treat recipes? Please share, below!